In this edition of #StartingUpWith, we have Sumanta Bose, CEO of Datakrew. Datakrew prides itself in bringing the best user experience through sustainable and value-driven IoT, AI and security solutions. Read on to find out what drives Datakrew’s work in supporting the planet’s future energy needs.
- What is the story behind your startup?
- The idea of creating a 'Smart Secure Tomorrow' is the driving force behind Datakrew. Our mission is to empower customers through sustainable and value-driven IoT, AI and security solutions. By driving social and economic value, we believe our products can create a positive impact on society.
- What was the biggest challenge faced by your startup, and how was it resolved?
- Datakrew started as an IoT solution provider. Achieving IoT-enabled applications required dedicated processes to extract the sensor data, analyse multiple input data, identify data patterns and insights, and develop industry-specific applications. These applications were customised for each customer and the main challenge was the secure integration and interoperability of all these processes to achieve varied customer goals.
To solve this, we developed MADS – a unified AIoT operating system, which is fast, free and open-source. Its 30+ AI, IoT & security apps work in any browser. With just a few clicks, users can now on-board any IoT device, create custom dashboards, generate 3D digital twins, check security vulnerabilities or create custom AI prediction engines.
- What was your startup’s proudest moment?
- Our proudest moment was the first time we saw the expression of delight in one of our early customers. It’s not about our product, it’s about our users; it’s not about our product features, it’s about how our customers feel about them. Since then, we always try to remember that our product is developed on the premise of bringing the best user experience and delight to our customers.
- What is your collaboration with EcoLabs about?
- We see EcoLabs as a community to connect with people sharing similar values as us – people who believe in building and accelerating deep-tech energy innovation as a means to support the planet's future energy needs. Our take on the matter is, "together we can". AIoT technology is an enabler in this shared dream, and Datakrew is playing its part.
- Where do you see your startup in 1/2/3 years, and what part can EcoLabs play in this?
- In two years, we envision MADS to be a leading unifier for AIoT applications across various industries. We will aim for it to have undergone software standards compliances for large scale adoption in industries and the public sector.
EcoLabs can help to realise this goal by (i) providing testbeds to validate our system, (ii) offering demo and pitching opportunities to showcase our product, (iii) encouraging other IoT companies to launch their apps in the MADS Store, and (iv) connecting us with funding partners and investors.
- Describe your startup in one word, and why.
- "Revolution" – at Datakrew, we believe in bringing change to the status quo. We are always aiming towards a smarter approach to solve a problem and provide solutions that have transformative effects on businesses and society
Find out more about Datakrew here.